Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Stamps


I love this new Season of Joy stamp set (p22 Spring Mini Catalogue)! It's a funny story, but I wasn't actually planning on getting this set. Really and truly :) But I was at a workshop the other week discussing the set with a fellow stamper and we were tossing up whether she should get this one or another one. And you know, the more I looked at it, the more I thought hmmmm I could do soooo many things with this set.

So thanks Leanne, looks like we both got it!!!


If you've got some stamps with swirly bits or scrolls (very technical terms, I know, but hey you know what I mean) try stamping a flower on the ends of each curl. It adds great definition to the image. For another interesting effect, try piercing (pricking) the paper along the line of dots.


So far I've made a scrapbook page, a gift box and quite a few cards with this set. The card above was a CASE from Nicole Lechelt.

Would you like to make it?


It is surprisingly quick and simple, and uses only stamps from Season of Joy. It's one of my workshop Make & Take projects, so if you want to get together and make this card with some friends just contact me and we'll set it up!


On Sunday I'll be drawing a winner for the Designer Series paper and ribbon giveaway. If you want to be in it, leave a comment on my last post. And a big *thanks* (and a few giggles) to those who left a message over the past couple of days.

Till Sunday

Simone :)


Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, Artichoke & Burgundy narrow grosgrain ribbon, 3/4" circle punch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this set, too. I've wanted it since I saw US samples last year. I'm trying to be really good and not buying anything new until I'm active again. Of course, the Priceless/So Swirly promotion isn't helping that resolve AT ALL! I think I'm going to have to talk my friends into a catalogue party so I don't have to spend much!

Anonymous said...

I brought this set after our team get together love your ideas going to have to case them for my christmas work shop