Monday, May 19, 2008

New paper! Yippee!



I love it when a box of Stampin' Up! goodies arrives. Even if it's not for me!

Well last week I did get something that I'm a bit excited about... some of the new scrapbooking papers. I got the Brocade Background Designer Series Paper (p134 in the Idea Book & Catalogue) and I've got to say, I was surprised. The little swatches in the catalogue really don't do it justice. SO lovely. And great value too at $11.95 for 12 double-sided sheets.

When I first started stamping, about 7 months ago, I came across a card while blog-browsing and I printed it out. I remember thinking 'there is no WAY I could make something like that' (click here and scroll down a little for the original). Anyway, it wasn't until I saw my new papers that I remembered the card. Well, I went into a cardmaking frenzy (you know what I'm talking about LOL) and 20 mins later this is what I'd come up with....







Not exactly the same, but I love it and it was a step out of my usual style and color scheme.
Later this week I'm getting the Crop-A-Dile, thanks to a bonus from Stampin' Up!, so will be able to add the eyelets and then it really will be a perfect copy!

Soooo much fun.

Stamps used: Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: River rock c/s
Ink: Always Artichoke, Whisper White craft ink, Chocolate Chip
Other: Stitching done on the sewing machine (don't laugh, I had just finished sewing up a hole in DH's work pants when I made this... how could I resist?), Old Olive button

FYI: Brocade Background designer series paper goes well with the following Stampin' Up! colors: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, River Rock.

images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your cards are just so beautiful
your so talented.