Friday, May 23, 2008

Card CASE

images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®


When I first started stamping and cardmaking I kept hearing about CASEs and people case-ing this and case-ing that. It took a while to figure out (only because I was too embarrassed to ask and show my ignorance) that CASE means to Copy And Share Everything.


This practice is encouraged in the papercrafting world and what a wonderful thing that is! It means you don't have to be too artistic or creative to come up with beautiful handmade projects to share with others. As long as you credit the original source of inspiration you can find inspiration everywhere, on SplitCoastStampers, other people's blogs, websites, magazines such as Stamping & Papercraft, and the list goes on.


One of my favourite sources of inpiration is the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue. No matter how many times I look at it I seem to notice something new... a new layout, or colour scheme, or technique.


I started making a card using one of my new sets in preparation for a Very Special Event (more info to come). The set is called Curvy Verses and this card is a direct CASE from the Idea Book & Catalogue on p112. They were so quick and easy to make that I, well, kept on making them! lol

PS. It also took me a long time to work out that LOL (or lol) means Laugh Out Loud!

Stamp sets used: Curvy Verses
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi textured
Other: Rose Red Designer Series Prints paper, blue gingham ribbon, white gel pen, Wild Wasabi ink.
The front of the card is 1cm narrower than the back, so that the Rose Red prints paper can be seen when the card is closed.
Are you reading this? Let me know by leaving a comment.

No comments: