Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Spiral Punch


A while back I received a swap from Janine (the talented stamper who first introduced me to Stampin' Up!) that used the spiral punch to create the effect of a film strip. I thought it was so clever because it really gives another use for this punch.

When I scrap I tend to use a lot of photos and I want to capture all the expressions as they change across someones face. Especially little kids when they break out into a huge grin! How can just one photo capture all that?

I felt that way about the photos featured in this scrapbook page. Rachel was having such a blast in this tub on our last camping trip - her smiles and grins were just priceless. This filmstrip technique was great because I printed half a dozen photos in a 'thumbnail' or 'contact sheet' layout and used the whole lot of them :)

images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®
Stampin' Up! colours used: Handstome Hunter, River Rock
Other: On Board Accents chipboard
Stamp sets: Warm Words, Simply Said



2 comments:

kerri said...

very cute Simone

Anonymous said...

This is a really great effect Simone. I had no idea those photos would look so good.